Thursday, November 27, 2008

My exams

(To those who ask me about my exams)



The last semester passed in a breeze
In the end, bought me down on my knees
Can't remember when it began
Apparently, was of a six months span
But, I cannot explain how time ran

Being final years, attendance wasn't a headache
Their calculations seemed to have a mistake
Didn't need to shed sweat or tears
since, the condonation list allayed our fears
My attendance should have been a percent 25
But, somehow it jumped to 75
Seemed I would survive

Internal marks were more of grace
to get more the teachers you had to chase
So, in this comeptitive rat race
I went at my slow pace
and I had to run to save face
when marks were putup in the showcase


Practicals should have been easy
if the vhdl lab ext wasn't so cheesy
I couldn't execute my program
And, viva was simply, 'I dont know ma'am'
So bad, was my first exam

Microwave lab was a relief
Strenghtened my self belief
Viva was simple and brief
Luck seemed to be turning a new leaf

First exam was microwave
The mediocre students, it forgave
Paper was good, did everyone rave
Seemed a perfect start for the exams to pave

Next, dccn was on 17th November
Refer blog 3 if you dont remember
12hrs before the exam, I started my prep
Couldn't understand what to sidestep
Hussain, my friend helped me out
Told me what to study and what to leave out
If it wasn't for him, there would have been a rout
Next day, paper was easy as everybody said
Else, I dread I would have been dead

Two were good, Four to go
Seemed everyone to say in toe
But, how far would our luck go
MCS seemed some special lingo
Paper setters seemed to have taken an oath
To stunt everyones aggreagte marks growth
Surprised the students and teachers both
An exam I now loathe

Next was dhdl, the big fish
Put the students in 3 days of anguish
The paper though was a surprise
Programs were on the rise
For some it was a paradise
Others, it seemed to agonise
As someone rightly pointed out, 
All the hols we could do without
Marks would have been easier to grab
Had the exam been right after the ext. lab

With that, many rejoiced
The tough papers were over they voiced
But, for the students of Vlsi,
they had another fish to fry
As, the vlsi guys began to loathe
It turned out dip and vlsi were easy both
Vlsi was a pleasant surprise,
For, I had studied the whole night till sunrise
It seemed the best paper so far
Bought us with the dip guys, on par

The last exam was iafm
Almost created mayhem
Studying it was such a bore
Seemed a tedious chore
It wasn't anyways, a subject core
But, then one you couldn't ignore
Couldn't determine what was in store
The paper wasn't that much a sore
But, don't ask me how much I will score

These exams made me believe
The inner talents up my sleeve
The night outs that it made me achieve
Each subject one could do in a few hours
Doesn't matter what knowledge one devours
Now, I only pray with fervour
That my %age wont fall to the lowest ever
Earlier a 70 on 75 wasn't an extreme
Now, even a 60 is a dream
As, I see myself move downstream
'Don't worry be happy' seems to be the theme


Now, as another sem draws to a close
I promise myself I shall be back with full force
No more opening books a day before the exam
Sincerity towards studies will be my program
No, longer do what is cram
Try not to make my engineering a sham
From now on, studies will be my priority
I shall make my mark with authority
Will be ahead of the majority
Does that make you feel I am suffering from insanity

I say the above after every semester
So, habituated now, it seems a funny gesture
If someone hears it, he might think I am a court-jester
Now, again the above I repeat
As after the exams, Facing yet another defeat
I make a hasty retreat

So, again as these exams draw to a close
Next sem I will be back with full force
As in Telugu the saying goes
next sem nunchi chimpedam
But, that is still a long time to come
Till, then let's have some fun



14 comments:

Unknown said...

offo ur a poet
and I didn't know it.. :)

Ahmed said...

samagh mein nahi aata mere ko,
kabhi bolte writer kabhi bolte poet, make up your mind

Tripti said...

wow. a poem. nice. and funny, as usual.. keep going :)

Ahmed said...

Thank you. Hope my future posts get better

Ahmed said...

Thanks man, of course you are the one who inspires me

●๋• Mσĭηu∂∂îท ●๋• said...

Waah aap to poet bhi ban gaye :P

When ru releasing ur first book & frm which publication??? :D

Ahmed said...

Spectrum series :)

Unknown said...

My friend..Hatsoff
Im proud to have a poetic pal like you.

Ahmed said...

I am proud to have a topper pal like you. It is an honor for me that you posted a comment in my blog

touseef said...

math wiz, gr8 writer and now a gr8 poet... do u have ny more abilities to show? im amazed dude

Ahmed said...

bhai, jo bhi hai, aap se to kam ich hai na.

Mathwiz bolke kyun taang kheechre bhai, jab aapko malum quant mein out ho gaya

Unknown said...

thought u were a nerd ...... u proved me wrong to some extent :)

btw this is jatin aap ka fan

Ahmed said...

Oh jatin saab. Nice to see you here.
And to disprove your illusion of me being a nerd, i can give you two options
1)go through my other posts
or
2)wait for my results.

Phanindra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.